Thursday 4 June 2015

Graham Parker-'The Sea My Dangerous Love'

Graham Parker, Swansea's own seascape artist, launches an exhibition of new work at Oriel Bach, the little gallery in Mumbles, this week.

"I've named the show 'The Sea my Dangerous Love' after a beautiful poem by Melanie Kinge, who imbues her poems with the same spirit of Swansea Bay’s constantly changing shoreline that I aim for in my paintings." Explains Graham. 

"I'm delighted to be showing my work again at Oriel Bach. It's one of my favorite galleries. Visitors can always look forward to a variety of styles and media, with regular and intriguing exhibitions of both traditional and more cutting edge contemporary artworks"

"I price my work reasonably, so that it can be enjoyed by many people in their own homes. Nothing makes me happier than when someone likes my work enough to make it a part of their life. That's always a real honour for me." Says Graham.

Gallery manager Elaine Wright says: "It's a pleasure to welcome Graham back to Oriel Bach. His previous show here was very successful and I'm expecting that even more people will want to acquire one of his beautiful paintings. We've been fortunate to exhibit a number of excellent artists and photographers this year. Graham is an artists who is able to capture the spirit of the sea during a raging storm or on a beautiful tranquil sunny day. His work takes you to a place where you can feel the sea-spray on your face."

WHAT: ‘The Sea my Dangerous Love’. 

WHERE: Oriel Bach, the Little Gallery in Mumbles, 

WHEN: The Gallery is open from Tuesday 9 June to Saturday 20 June, Monday to Saturday, between 11am — 4:00pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment